SCOTTSDALE, AZ (August 13, 2015)
– Pei Wei, the fast-casual restaurant known for its bold flavors and fresh and affordable Asian-inspired menu, is partnering with Aramark (NYSE:ARMK), a global food service leader, to open a new location in the Memorial Union at Arizona State University (ASU) on August 13, 2015. The first Pei Wei to open on a college campus, the restaurant will be operated in partnership with Aramark, who has been serving the ASU campus since 2007, and feature a custom layout and menu.
The restaurant will offer made-to-order dishes and Grab & Go items featuring quality ingredients handcrafted in a vibrant, modern environment. Students, faculty and staff will experience quick ticket times averaging 5 minutes and a unique variety of customizable dishes. Menu highlights include five varieties of sushi, the popular Honey Seared Chicken and Kung Pao Chicken Wok Entrées, as well as new Grab & Go menu items such as the Spicy Mango Wrap, Grilled Chicken Banh Mi and Sriracha Caesar Salad.
“We’re proud to partner with Aramark to open our first college campus location in our own backyard at ASU, just in time for the fall semester,” Mike Welborn, president of Global Brand Development for P.F. Chang's and Pei Wei. “We look forward to serving even more Phoenix-area diners and hope this is the first of many on-campus locations.”
To celebrate the opening and thank ASU for its warm welcome, Pei Wei is offering a $1,500 scholarship. The scholarship “Let us Pei your Wei through college” will be offered every year to undergraduate students. The scholarship details will be available on the ASU Scholarship Portal.
“Today’s college students are looking for exciting flavors, customizable meals and greater convenience,” said Brent Franks, COO, Aramark Education. “By partnering with Pei Wei, we can provide the campus community with additional menu options and believe that the brand is an excellent addition to the Sun Devil Dining portfolio.”
Bold, Fresh and Affordable Menu
Pei Wei provides options for any appetite or occasion, allowing guests to enjoy a wide variety of pairing, sizing and pricing starting at just $5.99. Whether dining at the Memorial Union or taking to go, guests can customize their orders because all dishes are handcrafted fresh and fast. Menu highlights include:
• Wok-Fresh Entrées: Pei Wei is known for its made-to-order wok dishes, with hand-cut ingredients fired in 700-degree woks to seal in the bold flavors. Popular picks include Honey Seared Chicken, combining sweet honey garlic sauce, chili oil, rice sticks, scallions and red peppers; savory Mongolian Steak with soy sauce, scallions, garlic and white mushrooms; and Kung Pao Chicken with a spicy kick of chili-seared soy sauce, scallions, garlic, snap peas, carrots and peanuts.
• Perfect Additions: Complete any meal with a number of options including Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Spring Rolls, Crab Wontons or Thai Wonton Soup.
• Grab & Go: Pei Wei has a selection of grab-and-go dishes, many of which were custom crafted with Sun Devil diners in mind, including Orange Ginger Edamame, Thai Peanut Noodle Salad, Grilled Chicken Banh Mi and Sriracha Caesar Salad.
• Hand-Rolled Sushi: From the Grab & Go case, Pei Wei offers five varieties of fresh and affordable sushi, including classics like the California Roll and Spicy Tuna Roll, as well as bold twists on tradition like the Spicy California Crunch Roll and Teriyaki Crunch Roll, topped with tempura flakes for the ultimate crunch.
The ASU location will feature a custom-designed open layout for a casual dine-in experience and a Grab & Go counter for a quick, convenient takeout option. In addition, this will be first Pei Wei to feature a new digital Kitchen Display System (KDS) that will provide a faster guest experience while eliminating the need to print paper tickets.
Pei Wei is located in the Memorial Union at the heart of ASU campus and is open from 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday and Saturday for both dine-in and takeout customers. Takeout orders can be placed by visiting www.PeiWei.com
for more information and updates on restaurant openings, sign up for ongoing news and special offers at www.PeiWei.com/register
, and join the Pei Wei community on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Pei Wei
Pei Wei offers a menu of fresh, high-quality Asian cuisine featuring 35 bright, flavorful hand-cut ingredients. The restaurant provides a lively, casual dine-in experience as well as the flexibility, speed and convenience of take-away service to provide guests tasty options for a quick, light lunch or relaxing dinner. Pei Wei serves freshly prepared, wok’d-to-order dishes with Asian inspiration in a comfortable, modern diner environment. Pei Wei owns and operates more than 200 restaurants in 25 states and the District of Columbia and licenses the Pei Wei brand for use by partner restaurant operators in airport and international locations. For more information visit www.peiwei.com
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We work to put our sustainability goals into action by focusing on initiatives that engage our employees, empower healthy living, preserve our planet and build local communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.