Our Diversity and Inclusion leadership along with our newly founded Executive Diversity Council are building strategic focus to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion among our workforce and the wider community. We’re constantly pushing to make sure our teams are reflective of the diverse communities we represent and the customers we serve.
Now, more than ever, it’s incredibly important to build programs, structures, and systems that create concrete positive change and offer you a better career experience. Our diversity and inclusion program focuses around three critical areas:
- Workforce: Our goal is to hire, retain, and develop people with different abilities, backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, and orientations that reflect the communities that we serve.
- Workplace: We strive to create a workplace culture that values and leverages our many differences and drives innovation through inclusion.
- Marketplace: We partner with diverse suppliers and community organizations so we can deliver culturally relevant products and services.
Our Employee Resource Groups create safe spaces for different community members and their allies. All hold open membership policies, offer fantastic leadership opportunities and year-round programming, and welcome everyone who wants to join!
- Aramark Dietitians
- Our ERG for Aramark’s Dietitians provides a community to connect and engage in emerging trends, challenges, and opportunities in dietetics. The group’s goal is to continue pushing Aramark to the forefront of innovation for our clients.
- Aramark Empower
- Aramark Empower’s goal is to empower and grow diverse leadership among women that drives results by promoting career development, networking, and mentoring alongside allies across Aramark.
- Aramark Impacto
- Impacto’s mission is to provide meaningful contributions that build a multicultural workforce, an inclusive workplace, and serve as a valuable resource for Hispanic market insights through targeted education, experiences, and exposure opportunities.
- Aramark LEAD
- Aramark Leaders & Employees of African Descent (LEAD) is dedicated to the interest of employees who self-identify as Black, African American, West Indian, or of African descent. The group’s vision is to cultivate Black leaders at Aramark and empower the communities in which we operate.
- Aramark Pride
- Aramark Pride focuses on fostering an open, inclusive environment in which lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBTQ+) employees and their allies are fully engaged to achieve organizational goals and enhance professional growth.
- Aramark Rising Sun
- Rising Sun is dedicated to building an inclusive workplace for Indigenous peoples that reflects Aramark’s clients, customers, and suppliers. The ERG was named Rising Sun to represent the future opportunities for Indigenous peoples who join our team.
- Aramark Salute
- Salute supports Aramark in attracting, appreciating, and retaining Veteran talent and their families in order to cultivate a Workforce of leaders, build a diverse and inclusive Workplace, and drive value in the Marketplace
- Aramark Synergy
- Synergy is dedicated to the interest of employees, clients, customers, vendors, and suppliers who have a religious or faith-based focus to their work. It creates an environment for those who want to learn more about how religion, faith, and spirituality impacts the workplace.
- Aramark Thrive
- Thrive is dedicated to the interest of team members who self-identify as having a disability and for caretakers and advocates of those with disabilities. It embraces personal connections to advance awareness and inclusion for people with unique challenges and to provide them with opportunities to share their stories.
- Aramark Young Professionals
- Our Young Professionals group was established to connect, engage, and empower young professionals and their allies. This ERG provides a network that cultivates future leaders and enhances the capabilities of our fastest-growing workforce segment.
As an additional resource to support our employees in their allyship, we created the Aramark Ally Network which works to provide programs, resources, and guidance to help us become aware, aligned, and active in the fight to end racism, inequality, and injustice.