PHILADELPHIA, PA (October 3, 2017) – When hungry basketball and hockey fans visit their favorite arena this year, tacos, tots and other delicious items will tempt their taste buds. To kick off arena season, Aramark -- the food and beverage provider at nine NHL and NBA arenas -- is celebrating National Taco Day, October 4, by rolling out taco trios at many of the NHL and NBA arenas it serves.
During the regular season, Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) expects to serve nearly eight million fans attending NHL and NBA games.
“Every year, our culinary team does a great job of developing innovative offerings and incorporating food trends into our arena menus,” said Carl Mittleman, President of Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division. “Our taco trios are an ideal menu addition -- they pack a lot of flavor, they’re portable and can be shared. Our guests are in for a great game day treat, whether they try the tacos or any of the other new items on our menus this year.”
- BBQ Pork Flauta (Pepsi Center): BBQ pulled pork rolled in a flour tortilla and fried, topped with red onion and a pickle. Served with classic coleslaw and a side of home-style ranch for dipping.
- Colorado Cheesesteak Flauta (Pepsi Center): Beef barbacoa with green chiles, poblano peppers, caramelized onions and pepper jack cheese, rolled in a flour tortilla and fried. Served with a side of chili con queso.
- Pork Belly Tacos (Capital One Arena): Pork belly with avocado crema and Sriracha sauce, in a flour tortilla.
- Pulled Pork Nopales Tacos (SAP Center): Pulled pork with spicy nopales (prickly pear) salsa and cotija cheese, in a flour tortilla.
- Smoked Brisket Taco (Wells Fargo Center): House smoked brisket with dark cherry bourbon BBQ sauce, Napa slaw and pickle dust, in a flour tortilla.
- Smoke’s™ Soft Chicken Taco (Canadian Tire Centre): Grilled chicken with lettuce, signature Burritorie sauce, pico de gallo and cheese, in a soft flour tortilla.
- Tejas Taco (AT&T Center): House smoked brisket with BBQ relish, queso fresco, jalapeno crema and pickled onion, in a fresh corn tortilla.
ALSO NEW ON THE MENU
BETTER FOR YOU OPTIONS
- Apple Crumble Pizza (Canadian Tire Centre): Caramelized apples, brown sugar streusel, salted caramel sauce and icing drizzle.
- Butter Chicken Poutine (Canadian Tire Centre): Grilled chicken with butter chicken sauce, green onions and cheese curd’s over Smoke’s Poutinerie’s signature fresh, hand-cut fries.
- Mission Dog (SAP Center): Grilled hot dog topped with chipotle mac and cheese, chopped brisket, sour cream and pico de gallo.
- Shredded Potato Waffle (AT&T Center): Shredded potato, crisped in a waffle iron and served with choice of toppings:
- Loaded: Bacon, sour cream and shredded cheese.
- Double Pig: Pulled pork, bacon, shredded cheese, fried onions and BBQ sauce.
- Brisket: Chopped brisket, shredded cheese and sour cream.
- Smoked Brisket Sandwich (Canadian Tire Centre): Twelve hour house smoked brisket with Coca-Cola barbeque sauce, cheddar and onion straws, jalapeno, on a ciabatta bun. Served with fresh cut fries.
LAUNCH TEST KITCHEN
- Lemon Vinaigrette Quinoa Salad (Pepsi Center): Fresh, organic quinoa with a lemon vinaigrette with a touch of Italian seasoning. Mixed with fresh cucumber, red onion and feta cheese.
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad (Pepsi Center): Fresh, organic quinoa, arugula and garden vegetables with feta cheese. Complete with a garlic infused Italian balsamic vinaigrette.
- Vegetarian Poke Bowl (Wells Fargo Center): Brown rice, smoked tofu, edamame, cucumber, avocado, mizuna, togarashi, furikake, scallion with ponzu dressing.
The innovative, flexible dining concession stand, designed to showcase a rotating selection of local chefs and restaurateurs, is introducing new chef partners and menus at Capital One Arena and Quicken Loans Arena.
- Jill Vedaa, Salt+ (Quicken Loans Arena): Assorted sandwiches and small bites.
- Alex McCoy, Lucky Buns (Capital One Arena): Burgers, chicken sandwiches and fries inspired by the chef’s world travels.
- Box Frites (Capital One Arena): Danny Meyer’s Belgian-style frites stand with a menu of delicious and fun game-day indulgences.
- Na’cho Average Nacho (PPG Paints Arena): Nontraditional nachos.
- Pho the Win (Pepsi Center): Gluten free noodle bowls.
- Argentinean Chipotle Beef Bowl: Smoked beef served over a bed of rice noodles and topped with jicama slaw and South American Chimichurri, in a hearty chipotle beef broth.
- Vegan Caribbean Vegetable Bowl: Aromatic Caribbean broth made from vegetable stock and flavored with a bouquet garni of habanero pepper, fresh garlic and Caribbean jerk spice, served with a bed of squash zucchini spirals, cooked sweet potato dice, topped with carrot slaw and mango mojo sauce.
- Chili Lime Chicken Bowl: Diced chicken served over a bed of rice noodles, topped with fried tortilla strips, sliced avocado and fresh pico de gallo.
- Spice Wokery (Wells Fargo Center): Build your own fried rice bowls, with ingredients including free range chicken, gulf shrimp or smoked tofu, and a variety of fresh vegetables.
In addition to these new menu items and concepts, Aramark partners with premier restaurateurs and top local and celebrity chefs, including three James Beard Award winning chefs, who will be introducing new offerings at arenas this season. Among Aramark’s culinary partners are Alex McCoy, Danny Meyer, Jill Vedaa, Jonathon Sawyer, Michael Symon and Rocco Whalen.
Aramark partners with seven NHL teams and five NBA teams to provide food and beverage, retail and/or facilities services – Cleveland Cavaliers, Colorado Avalanche, Denver Nuggets, Edmonton Oilers, Ottawa Senators, Philadelphia 76ers, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, San Antonio Spurs, San Jose Sharks, Washington Capitals and Washington Wizards.
To download images of Aramark’s new arenas menu, please click here.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.