PHILADELPHIA, PA (November 2, 2016)
– Hand carved, house-smoked and slow roasted are just a few of the ways to describe the new sandwiches available at the nine NBA and NHL arenas where Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is the food and beverage provider. From braised prime rib to roasted mushrooms, a variety of delicious sandwich options will be available for hungry fans to choose from at professional basketball and hockey arenas across the United States and Canada.
Each season, Aramark’s culinary team analyzes fan feedback and local food trends to create an innovative menu for the start of arena season. This year, Aramark is celebrating National Sandwich Day, November 3, by rolling out a new roster of sandwiches at the NHL and NBA arenas it serves: AT&T Center, Canadian Tire Centre, Pepsi Center, PPG Paints Arena, Quicken Loans Arena, Rogers Place, SAP Center, Verizon Center and Wells Fargo Center.
Some of the sandwiches being introduced this season include:
- BBQ Turkey and Brisket Sandwiches (AT&T Center) -- Choice of sliced, house smoked BBQ turkey or brisket, with creole coleslaw, pickles and red onions, on a Texas sourdough roll.
- BBQ Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwich (Pepsi Center) -- Sliced beef brisket with BBQ sauce and fried pickles, between two grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Capital City Lamb Burger (Rogers Place) -- Lamb burger with provolone cheese, tomato relish and pesto mayonnaise, on a fresh bun.
- Fabio Salerno’s Corned Beef Melt (Quicken Loans Arena) -- Slow smoked corned beef with slaw and mustard, on toasted rye bread.
- Hand Carved Turkey “Ham” (Wells Fargo Center) – Turkey breast that’s prepared like traditional ham (house cured, bourbon and honey smoked), with grilled peach BBQ sauce, Brussel sprout sweet potato hash and caramelized onions, on a seeded roll.
- José Andrés’ Beefsteak Tomato Burger (Verizon Center) -- Beefsteak tomato with pickled red onions, sprouts, caper herb mayo, olive oil and sea salt, on an olive oil brioche bun.
- Michael Symon’s B-Spot Championship RING Burger (Quicken Loans Arena) -- Bacon cheeseburger with BBQ sauce and an onion “RING,” on a toasted bun.
- Montreal Smoked Meatball Smash (Canadian Tire Centre) – Custom ground beef and smoked brisket meatball, with kraut-slaw, cabernet ketchup and melted provolone, on a brioche bun, topped with fried dill pickles. Served with fresh cut fries and golden dipping sauce.
- Pulled Pork Cuban Style Sandwich (SAP Center) – Pulled pork with pickled jalapeno slaw, Dijon mustard, pineapple chutney, sliced ham and Swiss cheese.
- Shake Shack (Wells Fargo Center, the first NBA and NHL arena with a Shake Shack location) -- A limited menu will feature ShackBurger, a single or double cheeseburger topped with lettuce, tomato and signature ShackSauce; ‘Shroom Burger, a crisp-fried Portobello mushroom filled with melted muenster and cheddar cheeses, topped with lettuce, tomato and ShackSauce; Shack Stack, a cheeseburger and ‘Shroom Burger topped with lettuce, tomato and ShackSauce; fries, and hot dogs. For dessert, Shake Shack will offer assorted milkshakes and the Brotherly Love Crunch, with vanilla custard with malt powder, Valrhona crunchies and chocolate toffee.
- The Hat Trick (PPG Paints Arena) -- Turkey pastrami, roast beef, corned beef, Swiss cheese, fried pickles and spicy brown mustard, on a Kaiser roll.
- The Stack (Rogers Place) -- Brisket with pulled pork and slaw, on herbed ciabatta bread.
- Wild Mushroom Grilled Cheese (Wells Fargo Center) -- Roasted wild mushrooms with smoked Gouda cheese, Vermont cheddar cheese, provolone cheese, caramelized shallots, fresh herbs and tomato chutney.
For fans looking for something beyond the bun, Aramark is also introducing the following this arena season.
SAVORY SNACKS AND DOGS
SHAREABLE TOPPED TATERS & FRIES “#SHAREYOURSTAK”
- Buffalo Blue Line Dog (PPG Paints Arena) -- All beef hot dog with pulled chicken, buffalo blue coleslaw and crumbled blue cheese.
- Karen Small’s Crispy Fried Fingerling Potatoes (Quicken Loans Arena) -- Fried, sliced fingerling potatoes with bacon, scallions and Romano cheese, served with spicy red pepper aioli dipping sauce.
- Mexican Corn (AT&T Center) -- A Texas fair twist on a San Antonio original-- Batter dipped fresh corn on the cob, topped with Mexican crema, chamoy, queso fresco, onions and cilantro.
- Perogy Dog (Rogers Place) -- Potato and cheese perogies, sour cream, bacon, and green onion.
- Chicharrónes BBQ Stak (AT&T Center) -- Fresh fried Chicharrónes (pork rinds), topped with Texas smoked brisket, house made queso blanco, pico de gallo and queso fresco.
- Philly Cheesesteak Stak (Wells Fargo Center) -- Curly fries topped with chopped Philly steak, “wiz” and fried onions.
- Potato Tottine (Rogers Place) -- Tater tots topped with cheese curds, gravy, bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions.
- Smoke Stak Poutine (Canadian Tire Centre) -- Poutine topped with grilled chicken, double smoked bacon, chipotle pulled pork and prime ground beef.
- The Champ Stak (Quicken Loans Arena) -- Curly fries topped with nacho cheese, diced onions, chopped bacon, chili and jalapenos.
Each arena season, Aramark serves more than six million NBA and NHL fans. Among its nine arena partners, Aramark provides food and beverage, retail and/or facilities services to fans of seven National Hockey League teams and five National Basketball Association teams – Cleveland Cavaliers, Colorado Avalanche, Denver Nuggets, Edmonton Oilers, Ottawa Senators, Philadelphia 76ers, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, San Antonio Spurs, San Jose Sharks, Washington Capitals and Washington Wizards.
**Photos of Aramark’s new arena sandwiches can be found here
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ+), DiversityInc, Equal Employment Publications and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.