JULY 15, 2019 — With the dog days of summer upon us, Aramark (NYSE: ARMK), the award winning food and hospitality partner of nine Major League Baseball teams, is celebrating National Hot Dog Day, July 17, 2019, with a decadent selection of a dozen loaded hot dogs, sausages and vegan dogs at the ballparks it serves.
For over a century, hot dogs have been a favorite of baseball fans. Whether fans prefer their hot dog plain, or fully loaded, Aramark serves more than 4.2 million hot dogs each baseball season. Among Aramark’s ballparks, Houston Astros fans consume the most hot dogs during the season (900,000), followed by Boston Red Sox fans (800,000) and Colorado Rockies fans (600,000).
Each season, Aramark’s culinary team transforms the ordinary hot dog into an extraordinary topped dog. By providing variety and access to a well-rounded menu, Aramark ensures there’s a hot dog for any craving or dietary preference. Fans looking for a meat alternative can even score vegan dogs. Within Aramark’s MLB portfolio, Citi Field sells the most veggie dogs each season, followed by Coors Field and Rogers Centre.
Meet 12 of Aramark’s hottest dogs, sausages and brats served at ballparks this season:
• Bases Loaded Dog (Citi Field)
– Nathan’s foot long dog with cheddar fondue, Applewood smoked bacon and green onions, on a potato roll.
• Bayou City Hot Dog (Minute Maid Park)
– Nolan Ryan hot dog with smoked pork burnt ends, Rico’s cheese sauce, pickle chips, green onions and a spicy BBQ sauce.
• Beyond Bratwurst (Citi Field)
– Vegan bratwurst available at a dedicated vegan stand.
• Beyond Sausage (Kauffman Stadium)
– 100% plant-based sausage topped with fried shallots.
• Footlong (Rogers Centre)
– Classic footlong hot dog with choice of more than 15 toppings including a variety of sauces, hot peppers, pickles, diced onions, shredded lettuce, black olives, garlic mushrooms and more.
• Denver Cheesesteak Dog (Coors Field)
– X-treme dog topped with grilled cheesesteak, onions and peppers, green chili queso and a zesty mayo.
• Fenway Frank (Fenway Park)
– Steamed Kayem hot dog topped with brown mustard and relish, on a New England-style bun.
• H-Town Dog (Minute Maid Park)
– Nolan Ryan hot dog with BBQ chopped brisket, red onions, Rico’s cheese sauce, pickles, green onions and BBQ sauce.
• Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Dog (Rogers Centre)
– Smoked jalapeno and cheddar sausage, dipped in house made corn bread batter. Served with hand crafted watermelon BBQ dipping sauce.
• Jersey Shore Dog (Citizens Bank Park)
– Hot dog with American cheese sauce and chopped pork roll.
• Korean BBQ (Kauffman Stadium)
– Smoked pork kielbasa, BBQ sauce, daikon kimchi slaw, served on a soft long roll.
• Tamale Dog (Oakland Coliseum)
– Miller’s All beef hot dog, sweet corn tamale, pico de gallo salsa, chipotle crema, scallions, crisp tortilla threads.
Hot Dog Fun Facts
An Aramark hot dog “hawker” sells an average of 150 hot dogs per game.
A fully loaded ballpark hot dog vendor's bin weighs 30 pounds.
Depending on the game, it typically takes a hot dog vendor less than two innings to sell all the hot dogs in his/her bin.
On average, Aramark hot dog “hawkers” walk 4-5 miles per game.
During a record “Dollar Dog Night” at Citizens Bank Park this season (2019), hungry Phillies fans consumed 71,000 Philly Franks!
Each year, enough hot dogs are sold at Fenway Park, when lined up, would cover the distance of 1,080 laps around the bases.
In 2009, Coors Field introduced the first gluten free concession stand, featuring gluten free hot dog buns.
Fenway Park was the first MLB ballpark to install a Hot Nosh Glatt Kosher hot dog vending machine, in 2008.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ+), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.