PHILADELPHIA, PA — To kick off arena season, Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) -- the food and beverage provider at nine NHL and NBA arenas, who will serve nearly eight million fans attending NHL and NBA games -- is heating up the ice and hardwood with new menus stocked with everything from hometown hot dogs to vegetarian poke bowls .
Some of the new menu items Aramark is introducing at the arenas it serves include:
Aramark is tipping its cap to the hometowns of the teams it serves, with the introduction of Hometown Dogs. These specialty hot dogs are crafted with local flavors and regionally-inspired ingredients.
• Bacon Mac ‘n’ Cheese Dog (Canadian Tire Centre) – Foot long hot dog topped with mac & cheese, bacon and cheddar jack shredded cheese.
• Dahntahn Dog (PPG Paints Arena) – Smith’s hot dog topped with braised short rib, bourbon BBQ sauce smoked onions and pickled jalapenos.
• Peruvian Dog (SAP Center at San Jose) – All-beef hot dog topped with tomato escabeche, French fries and cilantro.
• Nacho Dog (Wells Fargo Center) – Dietz & Watson all-beef dog topped with house smoked brisket, Gouda cheese gravy, pickled chilies and tortilla strips.
• River City BBQ Dog (AT&T Center) – Jumbo hot dog topped with pulled pork, queso and fried onions.
• THE 216 Dog (Quicken Loans Arena) – All-beef Kosher hot dog topped with mini pieorgies, sauerkraut, shredded cheese and jalapeno peppers.
• The 5280 Spicy Polish Sausage (Pepsi Center) – Locally made spicy polish sausage topped with smoked jalapeno cream cheese, green chili, tomato relish and thick cut peppered bacon.
• The D.C. Crab Dog (Capital One Arena) – All-beef hot dog topped with crab dip, aioli spread and pickled red onion, on a pretzel bun.
• The KING Dog (Rogers Place) – All-beef hot dog topped with mac & cheese, peppered bacon and pico de gallo.
Burgers, Sandwiches and More
• Buffalo Turkey Sandwich (PPG Paints Arena) – Slow-roasted turkey, herbed buffalo sauce, sharp cheddar, ranch mayo, caramelized onions and roasted tomatoes, on a Kaiser roll. Served with ranch dusted potato chips.
• Tank Nachos (SAP Center at San Jose) – Tortilla chips topped with queso sauce, beef brisket, cheddar cheese, pico de gallo, sour cream and pickled jalapenos, served in a commemorative hockey helmet bowl.
• Tenders, Love & Chicken (Pepsi Center, PPG Paints Arena) – Homestyle-breaded, 100% all natural chicken tenders, signature chicken sandwich, jumbo ranch dusted chicken wings and ranch seasoned hand-tossed fries.
• TLC Signature Chicken Sandwich (Pepsi Center, PPG Paints Arena) – Country-style fried chicken cutlet, thick-cut apple smoked bacon, Vermont cheddar, Roma tomatoes, leaf lettuce, house pickle and herb remoulade, on a butter toasted sesame seed potato bun.
• Bubble Taco (AT&T Center) – Bubble Waffle stuffed with choice of nitrogen ice-cream topped with strawberry/blueberry pico, whipped cream, semi-sweet chocolate sauce, white chocolate shavings and funnel fries.
• Jane Dough Cookie Dough (AT&T Center, Capital One Arena, PPG Paints Arena, Pepsi Center, Quicken Loans Arena, Rogers Place, SAP Center at San Jose, Wells Fargo Center) – Gourmet edible, small batch cookie dough, available in a variety of flavors, with or without soft serve and toppings.
• Penguin Roll (PPG Paints Arena) – Chocolate ice cream, white chocolate sauce, chocolate chips, whipped cream and gold flakes.
As part of Aramark’s Healthy for Life 20 By 20 initiative, and ongoing commitment to providing fans with greater variety, choice and access to healthier menu options, Aramark continues to expand vegan and vegetarian options in the stadiums it serves.
• Vegetarian Poke Bowl (Wells Fargo Center) – Red quinoa, roasted peppers, red onion, broccoli, carrots and cherry tomatoes.
• Impossible Burger (Canadian Tire Centre, Pepsi Center, SAP Center at San Jose, Wells Fargo Center) – Plant-based vegetarian burger.
• Vegetarian Tacos (Capital One Arena) – Roasted barely, quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, onions, lime vinaigrette, cilantro and cojita cheese.
Aramark partners with premier restaurateurs and top local and celebrity chefs, including several James Beard Award winning chefs, who will be introducing new offerings at arenas this season. Among Aramark’s culinary partners at arenas are Alex McCoy, Cat Cora, David Chang, Johnny Hernandez, Jonathon Sawyer, Maria Menounos, Michael Symon, Rocco Whalen and other celebrity chefs from across the country.
• Olilo Create-your-own Greens and Grains Bowls and Gourmet Flatbreads (Cat Cora, Capital One Arena) – Delicious, healthy, made-your-way menu, featuring Cora's signature Mediterranean tastes and flavors.
• Fuku Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwich (David Chang, Capital One Arena) – Habanero-brined chicken thigh served on a Martin’s potato roll and garnished with pickles and butter.
• La Gloria & Burgerteca (Johnny Hernandez, AT&T Center) – Featuring Chef Hernandez’s take on traditional Mexican street foods at La Gloria and reimagined classic hamburgers at Burgerteca, along with a premium bar with rare tequilas, fusion blends, signature margaritas and more.
Innovative Fan Engagement
Aramark is on the forefront of innovation and has introduced state-of-the-art amenities to enhance the game day experience for fans.
• Artificial Intelligent check out scanners allow fans to quickly and easily complete their transactions. (Capital One Arena)
• A 21-tap self-serve beer wall allows guests to pour their own beer from a wide selection of brews. (Capital One Arena)
• Self-ordering kiosks allow fans to fully customize and pay for their order using touch screen technology. (Capital One Arena)
Aramark partners with seven NHL teams and five NBA teams to provide food and beverage, retail and/or facilities services – Cleveland Cavaliers, Colorado Avalanche, Denver Nuggets, Edmonton Oilers, Ottawa Senators, Philadelphia 76ers, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, San Antonio Spurs, San Jose Sharks, Washington Capitals and Washington Wizards.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
January 30, 2019 -- Through this groundbreaking initiative with the American Heart Association, Aramark is impacting the food environment, supporting underserved communities and broadly improving health and wellbeing.
Plant-forward lifestyles are growing in popularity as more consumers aim to reduce their intake of meat. However, 75 percent of employees and patients reported having trouble finding tasty plant-forward meal options in their hospital dining facilities. More plant-forward options on the menu can help healthcare facilities increase consumer satisfaction while boosting revenue. Discover why adding plant-forward dining options is essential in healthcare facilities and hospitals in this informative infographic.