Philadelphia, PA – September 3, 2009 – ARAMARK, a global provider of professional services, has been named one of the ‘Best Places to Launch a Career’ by BusinessWeek magazine.
ARAMARK, which employs more than 260,000 people in 22 countries, is the only company in its industry honored in the ranking. ARAMARK provides food services, facilities management and uniform services for hospitals, universities, schools, stadiums, businesses, and many other organizations. As a result, it offers employees a wide variety of professional opportunities spanning a multitude of industries and locations.
“As a company that is committed to creating an environment in which the best people want to work, we’re very pleased with this important recognition,” said Lynn McKee, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, ARAMARK. “It acknowledges our efforts to provide employees with the tools, training and infrastructure they need to grow both personally and professionally.”
To compile this ranking, BusinessWeek polled 60 college career services directors across the country; collected data from a survey of 60,000 U.S. undergrads by Universum USA, a Philadelphia research company; and required employers to submit statistics on everything from pay and benefits to training programs and retention.
ARAMARK’s Employee Advocacy
ARAMARK has become one of the Best Places to Launch a Career through its companywide efforts to support Employee Advocacy, which includes programs and policies within the areas of:
- Diversity: ARAMARK strives to recruit, retain, and foster a diverse workforce to meet the complex needs of our clients and customers. The company’s support for diversity and inclusion stems from its Executive Diversity Council and Strategic Diversity Council, which work together to enhance opportunities to retain, develop and recruit a diverse, high-performing workforce.
- Training and Development: Through an array of professional development programs, ARAMARK teaches new technical skills and offers management opportunities for employees to chart a career path into supervisory and management positions. Got Shoes? Step Into Success offers guidance for making sound career and financial decisions; Dipped in Red offers entry-level hires tips for being successful in their new workplace; and Generations in the Workplace provides information on how to work effectively with different people of different generations to ensure individual and companywide success.
- Wages and Benefits: ARAMARK offers a range of competitive wage and benefits packages, including medical, vision and dental plans; retirement savings options; flexible spending accounts and discount programs; education assistance; and health and wellness programs.
- Employee Health and Safety: ARAMARK has implemented enterprise-wide programs and workshops to protect its people, and it partners with clients to develop safety plans and provide appropriate training.
- Rewards and Recognition: ARAMARK provides a range of rewards to honor employees and celebrate individual and team achievements.
This commendation is one of many that ARAMARK has received in the past year. The company was also ranked first in its industry on FORTUNE magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies;” was named among the Global Outsourcing 100, which recognizes companies that provide the best service worldwide; and is among America’s largest private companies according to both Forbes and FORTUNE magazines.
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. In FORTUNE magazine's 2009 list of "World's Most Admired Companies," ARAMARK was ranked number one in its industry, consistently ranking since 1998 as one of the top three most admired companies in its industry as evaluated by peers and analysts. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 260,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.twitter.com/aramarknews.
Nicole Kennedy, Sr. Manager, Communications