Charlotte, March 20, 2012 – To better design programs and service offerings that support health systems, hospitals, and clinical care facilities in maintaining clinical technologies to diagnose and treat patients, ARAMARK, a leading provider of professional services, is launching a new brand called ARAMARK Healthcare Technologies. The organization combines the capabilities of the company’s legacy Clinical Technology Services organization with its recently acquired Masterplan business to create a broad medical equipment management organization that is North America’s largest independent provider of clinical technology services.
“We are excited to introduce ARAMARK Healthcare Technologies to articulate our unique and expanded capabilities for our healthcare partners,” said Brian Poplin, DHA, FACHE, president of ARAMARK Healthcare Technologies. “Our focus is to be the highest quality, most efficient provider of clinical technology management for devices ranging from high-end imaging equipment, such as Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Computerized Tomography machines, to common biomedical equipment such as infusion pumps used in daily patient care.”
Beginning this week, ARAMARK Healthcare Technologies is running a series of digital and print ads in healthcare trade publications to launch the brand. A new website at www.aramarkhealthcaretechnologies.com, and new Twitter handle at @ARAMARKHCTech have been initiated.
ARAMARK Healthcare Technologies is structured around the company’s new business and service strategy called TechnologyLife™. Under this strategy, technicians and partners are trained and educated to deliver expert clinical equipment maintenance and repair for customers, but also on workflow and inventory management of technology assets to improve efficiencies, increase uptime, generate cost savings and achieve better patient and staff outcomes.
Among the components of TechnologyLife™ are:
- One Best Team – recruits, retains and develops the most talented professionals through customer service, technical and management training programs.
- Supply Chain Innovation – leverages the largest national buying power and in-house resources to create greater value and cost-savings.
- Flexible Service Design and Delivery – takes into account each organization’s unique equipment inventory and budget requirements. Clinical equipment programs are then designed and delivered with on-site staffing for larger sites, such as multi-state integrated systems, or regionally deployed service models for smaller independent facilities.
- Evidence Based Clinical Equipment Maintenance – uses proven protocols to minimize equipment failures and keep equipment functioning at optimum levels.
- Technology Driven Management Strategies – utilizes advanced technology to track equipment service status, monitor requests, track metrics and share information in real time. Equipment distribution systems are also incorporated to track and capture specific data and location status to ensure the right piece of equipment is in the right place at the right time.
- Equipment Life Cycle Management – involves in depth assessment of existing technology as well as long term capital planning and acquisition strategies.
- Industry Leading Perspective – integrates the expertise of top academic thought leaders on CE/IT integration and interoperability to anticipate the impact of clinical technology trends that are on the horizon.
About ARAMARK Healthcare Technologies
ARAMARK Healthcare Technologies is the leading independent provider of medical equipment management in North America, delivering integrated biomedical and diagnostic imaging service, as well as workforce and asset management, collaborative field operations and high-touch customer service. With 40 years of experience and approximately 1,600 biomedical technicians, engineers, and staff, the company manages more than 1.7 million pieces of equipment at more than 500 healthcare organizations in more than 1,100 locations helping them reduce costs, maximize asset utilization and improve physician, nurse, clinician and patient satisfaction. Learn more at www.aramarkhealthcaretechnologies.com or on Twitter at @ARAMARKHCTech.
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE magazine and one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.twitter.com/aramarknews.