Philadelphia, PA, March 26, 2009 – While baseball players spent the off-season honing their fielding and hitting, ARAMARK chefs used the time to test recipes and fine tune menus for the 2009 season. With a renewed focus on quality, variety, freshness, service and value, ARAMARK will once again create the ultimate dining experience at ballparks around Major League Baseball for families and fans of all ages to enjoy.
Whether the game is played at a brand-new, state-of-the-art stadium, like Citi Field, a newly renovated one, like Kauffman Stadium, or one with nostalgic charm, like Fenway Park, “FAN-tastic” cuisine can be found across the league at concession stands, in suites and club levels and at in-stadium restaurants.
“Fans go to baseball games to be entertained and because we recognize the important role food plays in the total game day experience, we have designed our menus to offer something for everyone at every level of the ballpark,” said Marc Bruno, president of ARAMARK Sports, Entertainment and Conventions. “By working closely with the teams and using our fan research, we’re able to offer exceptional culinary choices as well as value-packed menus that reflect popular tastes and regional flavors.”
New Menu Items and Family-Friendly Packages
While regional fare and traditional favorites remain popular, bold-flavored, ethnic and vegetarian items are among the anticipated additions to ballpark menus around baseball.
“We found that our most important fan groups are making very sophisticated dining choices outside the ballpark, so we continue to innovate to appeal to their tastes, at every price level, once inside the ballpark” said Bruno.
Many teams also are offering value-packed combo meals, kids’ concessions and game day specials, and expanding all-you-can-eat sections and loaded ticket programs. Here are some of the more notable additions to the teams’ rosters:
- Angel Stadium (Angels): Chicken Mole Burrito, Burrito Bowls, Grande Nachos, Chicken Soft Tacos
- Citizens Bank Park (Phillies): Bull’s BBQ Half Chicken, Buffalo or Sweet & Spicy Chicken Bites, Monster Chicken Nachos, Chicken and Veggie Quesadillas, Funnel Cake Fries
- Coors Field (Rockies): Veggie Dogs, Turkeyburger Sliders, Blazin’ Burger
- Fenway Park (Red Sox): Shrimp Roll, Sweet & Spicy and Buffalo Chicken Wings, Gobbler Sandwich, Monster Chicken Nachos, Chicken and Beef Soft Tacos and Burritos
- HHH Metrodome (Twins): Buffalo Chicken Bites, Chicken Soft Tacos
- Minute Maid Park (Astros): Astros Grand Slam Sausage Grillers, Cheesesteaks, Chili Dog Sliders, Hamburger Sliders,
- Oakland-Alameda County Stadium (A’s): Blazin' Burger, Buffalo and Sweet & Spicy Chicken Strips and Chicken Bites, Chicken Soft Tacos
- Oriole Park (Orioles): Blazin’ Burger, Buffalo Chicken Tenders, Chicken Mole Burrito, Chicken Soft Tacos
- PNC Park (Pirates): Grilled Ruben Sandwich, Cheesesteak, Blazin’ Burger, Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Turner Field (Braves): Blazin’ Burger, Funnel Cake Fries, Mole Chicken Burrito, Chicken Monster Nachos, Chicken Soft Tacos
This season, ARAMARK will introduce fans at three ballparks to game-changing dining experiences.
- New York Mets fans eagerly awaiting the opening of Citi Field, the team’s new world class home, will find the finest offerings and latest innovations in ballpark dining and hospitality – even when the Mets aren’t in town – that will showcase the very best of New York’s diverse culinary offerings and feature some of the biggest names on the city’s restaurant scene.
- In Kansas City, the transformation of Kauffman Stadium into a 21st Century baseball facility will be accompanied by the first update of food and beverage offerings in the stadium’s history, and features all-new concepts, including deli stands, pizza stands, specialty food carts, kids’ concessions, and an increased presence of uniquely “Kansas City” flavors, such as a BBQ destination, which will be overseen by Executive Chef Michael Slavin.
- Toronto Blue Jays fans are in for a real treat with the overhaul of Rogers Centre’s menus, completely remodeled dining locations, and updated concession stands with new equipment and new exteriors and signage that reflect the city’s heritage.
[Editors’ Note: Separate press releases about Citi Field, Kauffman Stadium and Rogers Centre are available by calling the media contacts.]
Going Green Programs
Through the company’s environmental stewardship platform -- “Green Thread” -- ARAMARK continues to work with teams and its partners to implement environmentally friendly practices that promote the use of local ingredients, source from local farmers and suppliers, reduce waste, utilize biodegradable service ware, and encourage composting and recycling of bottles, cans, cardboard as well as frying oil. Within retail, many team stores will feature apparel made from organic and recycled cotton.
ARAMARK’s website, http://www.ballparkfoods.com/, provides a closer look at the food and beverage programs that will be available at each of its ballparks this season, as well as the full range of culinary, retail and/ or facilities services it currently offers at 15 Major League Baseball stadiums -- Atlanta's Turner Field, Anaheim's Angel Stadium, Baltimore’s Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Boston's Fenway Park, Denver’s Coors Field, Houston’s Minute Maid Park, Kansas City’s Kauffman Stadium, Minneapolis’ Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome, New York's Citi Field, Oakland’s Oakland-Alameda County Stadium, Philadelphia’s Citizens Bank Park, Pittsburgh's PNC Park, San Diego’s PETCO Park, Seattle’s Safeco Field and Toronto’s Rogers Centre. ARAMARK also partners with 10 minor league stadiums and seven spring training sites.
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. In FORTUNE magazine's 2009 list of "World's Most Admired Companies," ARAMARK was ranked number one in its industry, consistently ranking since 1998 as one of the top three most admired companies in its industry as evaluated by peers and analysts. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 260,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries.